RFC for a render API to support adaptive sync and VRR

Cyr, Aric Aric.Cyr at amd.com
Tue Apr 10 17:13:08 UTC 2018

Yes, I agree completely.  However that's only truly relevant for fixed refreshed rate displays.
This is the primary reason for having Adaptive Sync.
There is no perfect way to solve this without Adaptive Sync, but yes they can come up with better algorithms to improve fixed refresh rate displays.

> Maybe we should try getting the Croteam guys researching this involved
> directly here.

I'd be interested in any research they could share, for sure.
We also have years of experience and research here, but not distilled into any readily available format.