DRI3 WSEGL plugin for TI SGX

Tony Lindgren tony at atomide.com
Wed Apr 18 17:27:47 UTC 2018

* Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen at ti.com> [180416 07:51]:
> Hi All,
>
> I have implemented a WSEGL plugin library for Imagination's PVR driver
> for SGX, which allows using SGX via DRI3. In other words, it is one
> piece in the puzzle of using SGX with X11.
>
> The project is not production quality, as I have not had time to perfect
> it (and, to be honest, I'm not exactly an expert on X), but now that I
> finally got all the permissions to publish it, I'm doing just that to
> allow other people to use it and help making it fully usable.
>
> You can find the code and a more detailed description here:
>
> https://github.com/TexasInstruments/dri3wsegl
>
> Hopefully with this code now public, we can get an SGX and GC320
> accelerated X11 on TI devices.

Hey this is great news :)

For the dts binding, sgx binding can be generic as we can put sgx
as a child of ti-sysc. Then we just need the reset driver entry
to power up sgx. And that way we should be able to get the kernel
driver merged too even if it initially just powers and idles the
sgx. Then we can maybe recycle some of the existing PSB_RSGX32
defines in the kernel for adding (slow) 2D acceleration like
drivers/gpu/drm/gma500/accel_2d.c does..

Regards,

Tony