Possible use_mm() mis-uses

Felix Kuehling felix.kuehling at amd.com
Wed Aug 22 19:44:23 UTC 2018

On 2018-08-22 02:13 PM, Christian König wrote:
> Adding Felix because the KFD part of amdgpu is actually his
> responsibility.
>
> If I'm not completely mistaken the release callback of the
> mmu_notifier should take care of that for amdgpu.

You're right, but that's a bit fragile and convoluted. I'll fix KFD to
handle this more robustly. See the attached (untested) patch. And
obviously that opaque pointer didn't work as intended. It just gets
promoted to an mm_struct * without a warning from the compiler. Maybe I
should change that to a long to make abuse easier to spot.

Regards,
  Felix