drm-misc-next vs. drm-misc-next-fixes

Daniel Vetter daniel.vetter at ffwll.ch
Mon Dec 24 10:13:08 UTC 2018

Hi all,

Lukas mentioned that there's a few patches in drm-misc-next that
should be in drm-misc-next-fixes. I found only the following two:

70bce993a7aa ("drm/bochs: add edid present check")
2312f9842854 ("drm/v3d: fix broken build")

Others look like fixes for issues in drm-misc-next itself. I guess
good time to remind committers about where to put bugfixes around the
merge window:

https://drm.pages.freedesktop.org/maintainer-tools/committer-drm-misc.html#where-do-i-apply-my-patch

Misplaced patches need to be cherry-picked over (with cherry-pick -x).
Also I guess the drm-misc-next-fixes maintainers should occasionally
check for misplaced patches, should probably add this here:

https://drm.pages.freedesktop.org/maintainer-tools/maintainer-drm-misc.html#maintainer-s-duties

Cheers, Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter