[BUG] i915 HDMI connector status is connected after disconnection

Chris Chiu chiu at endlessm.com
Thu Jul 5 13:02:26 UTC 2018

On Thu, Jul 5, 2018 at 5:37 PM, Jani Nikula <jani.nikula at intel.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 05 Jul 2018, Chris Wilson <chris at chris-wilson.co.uk> wrote:
>> Quoting Jani Nikula (2018-07-05 09:58:57)

>>> Seems rather odd. Please file a bug report at [1]. Attach the dmesg on
>>> the bug. Please attach 'xrandr --verbose' output before and after
>>> unplugging on the bug.
>>
>> Note that 'xrandr --verbose' will trigger a reprobe of the devices,
>> papering over any missed probe following hotplug.  I would suggest
>> preceding with 'xrandr --current --verbose'.
>>
>> If all you are doing is checking status, you need to 'echo detect >
>> status' to trigger a reprobe after hotplug.

It's interesting that reprobe triggered by 'xrandr --verbose' after unplug will
get the status back to "disconnected". But if I just do 'xrandr
--current --verbose'
before and after unplugging the cable, the output shows the same status
'connected'.

Here's the output of 'xrandr --verbose' before unplugging HDMI
https://gist.github.com/mschiu77/ea2e843078297f344596243418dcdaf7

And the output of 'xrandr --current --verbose' after unplugging the cable
https://gist.github.com/mschiu77/55756c0801046d49cd9bc3f87712b079

Then do 'xrandr --current --verbose' to trigger reprobe, the ouput
https://gist.github.com/mschiu77/72e6ab5438cbe64443300fc4fd71770c

It means that the HDMI unplug not detected by the driver?

Chris