reservation questions

Liu, Monk Monk.Liu at amd.com
Tue Mar 6 10:47:36 UTC 2018

ok, that's good point ...

________________________________
From: Koenig, Christian
Sent: Tuesday, March 6, 2018 6:42:44 PM
To: Liu, Monk; Chris Wilson; dri-devel at lists.freedesktop.org
Subject: Re: reservation questions

Hi Monk,

that is to remove the problem that allocating memory could fail.

E.g. we only add the fence after sending the command to the hardware, so there is now way back and we need to add the fence or break memory management.

So reservation_object_reserve_shared() makes sure there is a free fence slot *before* we start to prepare things for the hardware.

Regards,
Christian.