[RFC 0/2] drm/vc4: Async page flip cleanup

Boris Brezillon boris.brezillon at bootlin.com
Fri Mar 30 15:09:02 UTC 2018

Hello,

This is an attempt at simplifying the async page flip handling in VC4
in order to get rid of vc4_queue_seqno_cb() and its dependencies and
rely on fences instead.

The reason I'm sending this as an RFC is because I'm pretty sure we can
put some of the code added in patch 1 in drm_atomic_helper.c. Also, I'd
like to have feedback from Padovan, Daniel and maybe others who have
already thought about handling async page flips generically.
And the last reason is that it's not been extensively tested, so it may
not work correctly :-).

Regards,

Boris

Boris Brezillon (2):
  drm/vc4: Handle async page flips in the atomic_commit() path
  drm/vc4: Get rid of vc4_queue_seqno_cb() and its dependencies

 drivers/gpu/drm/vc4/vc4_crtc.c | 103 +----------------------------------------
 drivers/gpu/drm/vc4/vc4_drv.h  |  14 ------
 drivers/gpu/drm/vc4/vc4_gem.c  |  39 ----------------
 drivers/gpu/drm/vc4/vc4_kms.c  | 101 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-------