libdrm to read/write drm_dpcd helper functions.

lester magtagad lester.magtagad at gmail.com
Fri May 25 03:37:52 UTC 2018

Hello everyone,

I am new to DRM and linux, I started reading developers guide and research
on my own.

I don't know where to start on how to communicate the DP helper functions
(drm_dp_dpcd_read,  drm_dp_dpcd_readb,  drm_dp_dpcd_write,
drm_dp_dpcd_writeb),
what will I include(#include<sample.h>) in my main program. I already have
drm in my setup(kernel version:4.4.21-69), I also have libdrm-2.4.92 API  ,
the problem is I don't really have an idea on how use it.

My main objective is I want to read and write brightness/backlight level on
DP connections.

Is it possible to use only the libdrm api to import DP helper functions?if
yes how?

Maybe someone can help/guide me on this?

Appreciate your help.

Regards,
Lester