[RFC] drm/bridge/sii902x: Fix EDID readback

Mark Brown broonie at kernel.org
Thu Nov 1 11:21:17 UTC 2018

On Wed, Oct 31, 2018 at 04:55:53PM +0000, Fabrizio Castro wrote:

> Having the option of using "unlocked" flavours of reads and writes
> is what we need here, but looking at drivers/base/regmap/regmap-i2c.c
> I couldn't find anything suitable for my case, maybe Mark could advise
> on this one? I am sure I overlooked something here, is there a better
> way to address this?

As Linus said you can go as far as writing your own read and write
functions if you want to.  That seems to be the easiest thing, though I
am suspicous that you're having to use the I2C framework in this way -
it doesn't sound terribly clever.  You could I guess also just have a
custom function for whatever register is doing all this stuff that just
ignores regmap and bodge things that way while using regmap as normal
for everything else.