[RFC v2 00/14] kunit: introduce KUnit, the Linux kernel unit testing framework

Brendan Higgins brendanhiggins at google.com
Tue Nov 13 10:10:34 UTC 2018

On Wed, Nov 7, 2018 at 9:46 AM Frank Rowand <frowand.list at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11/6/18 5:17 PM, Brendan Higgins wrote:
> > On Fri, Nov 2, 2018 at 11:23 AM Shuah Khan <shuah at kernel.org> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi Brendan,
> > <snip>
> >> Framework looks good. I think it would be helpful to include a real test
> >
> > Great to hear!
> >
> >> in the patch series to get a feel for how effective it is.
> >
> > Alright, will do. Rob suggested converting
> > https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/v4.19/source/drivers/of/unittest.c to
> > KUnit, so that might offer a good comparison.
>
> drivers/of/unittest.c might be a bit bigger and more complex test than
> you want to start with.

I already got it working under KUnit. Admittedly, structurally it is
not so different, so it will require some work to make it pretty.

I think now it is a question of whether you want me to start here or not.

Probably best just to share what I have now along with Shuah's
requested changes and we can go from there.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers