Sound and the TDA998x binding

Peter Rosin peda at axentia.se
Tue Nov 13 13:28:40 UTC 2018

Hi!

I'm wondering about some programming details regarding the TDA998x
driver...

The bindings documentation [1] state that one should fill in the
desired register content of the AP_ENA register. However, I cannot
find any details anywhere about how one determines what is desired.
When I look for data sheets on the Internet, all I find is a "short"
data sheet, which is far from enlightening. There are hints about
a "full" data sheet in the chapter on legal information of the
"short" data sheet. Is the "full" data sheet protected by an NDA
or something? That's the only reason I can find for it not being
available...

Maybe someone with such a "full" data sheet at hand can enlighten
me on the workings of this AP_ENA register so that I know what it is
that I need to fill in? Since it is so difficult to find this info,
maybe it should be added to the binding?

Pointers on how to obtain a copy of said "full" data sheet would
be appreciated.

The chip I have is TDA19988, if that is of any consequence...

Cheers,
Peter

[1] Documentation/devicetree/bindings/display/bridge/tda998x.txt