[PATCH] locking: Fix mutex debug call and ww_mutex doc
thellstrom at vmware.com
Mon Sep 3 14:07:08 UTC 2018
Commit 08295b3b5bee ("Implement an algorithm choice for Wound-Wait
mutexes") introduced a reference in the documentation to a function
that was removed in an earlier commit.
It also forgot to remove a call to debug_mutex_add_waiter() which is now
unconditionally called by __mutex_add_waiter().
Fix those issues.
Fixes: 08295b3b5bee ("Implement an algorithm choice for Wound-Wait mutexes")
Signed-off-by: Thomas Hellstrom <thellstrom at vmware.com>
kernel/locking/mutex.c | 3 +--
1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 2 deletions(-)
diff --git a/kernel/locking/mutex.c b/kernel/locking/mutex.c
index 1a81a1257b3f..3f8a35104285 100644
@@ -389,7 +389,7 @@ static bool __ww_mutex_wound(struct mutex *lock,
* wake_up_process() paired with set_current_state()
* inserts sufficient barriers to make sure @owner either sees
- * it's wounded in __ww_mutex_lock_check_stamp() or has a
+ * it's wounded in __ww_mutex_check_kill() or has a
* wakeup pending to re-read the wounded state.
if (owner != current)
@@ -946,7 +946,6 @@ __mutex_lock_common(struct mutex *lock, long state, unsigned int subclass,
- debug_mutex_add_waiter(lock, &waiter, current);
More information about the dri-devel