[RFC 0/2] Add AUX device entries for DP MST devices

sunpeng.li at amd.com sunpeng.li at amd.com
Fri Apr 12 16:05:29 UTC 2019

From: Leo Li <sunpeng.li at amd.com>

Hi all,

This is a follup to this change made by Ville to add MST aux nodes:
https://github.com/vsyrjala/linux/commit/cac63f799ee2f5fbbe4f0a375383f13e03d640a5
Patch 2/2 describes what I added on top.

Sending as an RFC since there are some items I'm not certain on:

1) Only expose aux devices for physical ports. FWICT, only DPTX and DPRX
   can handle AUX transactions, leaving logical ports out.
2) Naming of exposed AUX devices. I'm not sure if the scheme implemented
   here is the best approach.

Let me know your thoughts,
Leo

Leo Li (1):
  drm/dp_mst: Use non-cyclic idr, add suffix option for aux device

Ville Syrjälä (1):
  drm/dp_mst: Register aux-dev nodes for MST ports

 drivers/gpu/drm/drm_crtc_helper_internal.h |   5 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/drm_dp_aux_dev.c           |  21 ++++--
 drivers/gpu/drm/drm_dp_helper.c            |   2 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/drm_dp_mst_topology.c      | 109 +++++++++++++++++++++++++----
 include/drm/drm_dp_helper.h                |   4 ++
 include/drm/drm_dp_mst_helper.h            |   6 ++

2.7.4