Support for 2D engines/blitters in V4L2 and DRM

Paul Kocialkowski paul.kocialkowski at bootlin.com
Thu Apr 18 09:13:57 UTC 2019

Hi,

On Thu, 2019-04-18 at 18:09 +0900, Tomasz Figa wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 18, 2019 at 5:55 PM Paul Kocialkowski
> <paul.kocialkowski at bootlin.com> wrote:
> > Hi Daniel,

> Out of curiosity, what area did you find a 2D blitter useful for?

The initial motivation is to bring up a DDX with that for platforms
that have 2D engines but no free software GPU drivers yet.

I also have a personal project in the works where I'd like to implement
accelerated UI rendering in 2D. The idea is to avoid using GL entirely.

That last point is in part because I have a GPU-less device that I want
to get going with mainline: http://linux-sunxi.org/F60_Action_Camera

Cheers,

Paul

--