Threaded submission & semaphore sharing

Lionel Landwerlin lionel.g.landwerlin at intel.com
Fri Aug 2 04:28:09 UTC 2019

There aren't CTS tests covering the issue I was mentioning.
But we could add them.

I don't have all the details regarding your implementation but even with
the "semaphore thread", I could see it running into the same issues.
What if a mix of binary & timeline semaphores are handed to vkQueueSubmit()?

For example with queueA & queueB from 2 different VkDevice :
     vkQueueSubmit(queueA, signal semA);
     vkQueueSubmit(queueA, wait on [semA, timelineSemB]); with
timelineSemB triggering a wait before signal.
     vkQueueSubmit(queueB, signal semA);

-Lionel