XGI DRM driver as a practice?

Ivan D ivdivd0 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 25 11:25:50 UTC 2019

I'd like to learn DRM subsystem and GPU driver development and I was
thinking about about writing XGI DRM driver as a practice project
since:
- there's (or was until recently) staging fbdev driver that should
hopefully be working
- it's still possible to buy thin client HW with XGI Z11 running Linux

Does it make sense at all? I do have kernel experience but know very
little about DRM and graphics. One issue is absence of documentation,
but there could be as well others I'm not even aware of.
If there's a better approach than this please drop me a line.

Also putting relevant people from commit log to CC, hope it's ok.

Thanks,
Ivan