i915 GPU HANG: 9:0:0x0, hang on rcs0 but can't report bug

info at dantalion.nl info at dantalion.nl
Mon Dec 9 08:34:28 UTC 2019

Hello everyone,

This is my first message on this mailing list so bear with me. I am
running an Arch based system with kernel 5.3.x, xorg-server 1.20.5 and
xf86-video-intel 1:2.99.917.

Recently I have been receiving GPU HANGS were my screen and mouse freeze
for several seconds at a time. looking in dmesg I get the following:

i915 0000:00:02.0: GPU HANG: ecode 9:0:0x00000000, hang on rcs0
[drm] GPU hangs can indicate a bug anywhere in the entire gfx stack,
including userspace.
[drm] Please file a _new_ bug report on bugs.freedesktop.org against DRI
-> DRM/Intel
[drm] drm/i915 developers can then reassign to the right component if
it's not a kernel issue.
[drm] The gpu crash dump is required to analyze gpu hangs, so please
always attach it.
[drm] GPU crash dump saved to /sys/class/drm/card1/error

I saved the output to a file and proceeded to make an account on the
website mentioned. But now I am unable to create a bug report being
greeted by a message "Either no products have been defined to enter bugs
against or you have not been given access to any."

How do I proceed alternatively I can email the dump file and someone
with the appropriate permissions can report it for me.

Kind regards,
Corne Lukken