Requesting commit access to libdrm

Eric Engestrom eric.engestrom at intel.com
Sun Dec 29 16:22:28 UTC 2019

On Monday, 2019-12-16 16:51:28 +0000, Souza, Jose wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have being contributing to i915 for the past 2 years and part of my
> work is update the PCI ids of Intel devices in libdrm.
> Being able to push my reviewed patches would be really helpful, please
> consider this request.

This is somewhat orthogonal to your access request, but libdrm now uses
Merge Requests (https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/drm/merge_requests),
which means if you post a change and it's been reviewed, any one of the
100+ members can click the "merge" button for you, so not having access
yourself shouldn't be an issue, especially with the number of Intel devs
who do have access.

(It also means changes are tested (although mostly build-tested for now)
before they are merged, which reduces the frequency of breakages,
especially subtle ones.)

You can still request access if you want by opening an issue
(https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/drm/issues/new), but since you have
very few commits you'll need approval from another member; I suggest you
cc Lucas (@demarchi) & Rodrigo (@vivijim) by tagging them in your issue.

Hope this helps :)

Cheers,
  Eric