[git pull] drm pull for 5.3-rc1

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Tue Jul 16 01:31:40 UTC 2019

On Mon, Jul 15, 2019 at 11:38 AM Dave Airlie <airlied at gmail.com> wrote:

> The reason I was waiting for the HMM tree to land, is a single silent
> merge conflict needs to be resolved after merging this as below.

There's more than that there.

For example, the DRM_AMDGPU_USERPTR config has a

        depends on ARCH_HAS_HMM
        select HMM_MIRROR

and that won't work any more. The hmm tree changed the requirements to be

        depends on HMM_MIRROR

instead.

Now, arguably the hmm tree change in this respect is an annoyance -
the old model was much more user-friendly where the drivers that
wanted HMM would just select it when it was available.

See commit 43535b0aefab ("mm: remove the HMM config option").

I've done the merge, but my tests are still on-going. And after I've
finished those, I'll compare against your suggested merge to see if I
missed anything in turn..

                 Linus