[PULL] drm-next fixes for -rc1

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Fri Jul 19 22:02:22 UTC 2019

On Fri, Jul 19, 2019 at 9:40 PM Linus Torvalds

> On Fri, Jul 19, 2019 at 8:43 AM Daniel Vetter <daniel.vetter at ffwll.ch> wrote:
> >
> > drm fixes for -rc1:
> >
> > nouveau:
> > - bugfixes + TU116 enabling (minor iteration):w
>
> Asking the important question:
>
>  - WTH is that ":w" thing?
>
> I have a theory that it's just a "I'm confused by 'vi'" marker.  Very
> understandable.
>
> But I'm also entertaining the possibility that it's a new "whistling
> guy" emoticon. Or maybe a "hungry baby bird face" emoticon.
>
> Admittedly not a _great_ new addition to the emoticons I've seen, but
> hey, I'm not judging. Much.
>
> I left it in the merge message for posterity, regardless.

*grabs brown paper bag*

I still can't vim, despite years. And only noticed after the tag was
signed already, so figured I don't redo it and leave the amusement in.
I fixed it for the mail (the script we have copies the tag into the
mail template).

I guess "can't vi" might call for some funky new emoji or whatever ...

Cheers, Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation