KMS documentation for userspace

Jani Nikula jani.nikula at linux.intel.com
Wed Jun 19 20:18:28 UTC 2019

On Wed, 19 Jun 2019, Daniel Vetter <daniel at ffwll.ch> wrote:
> - figure out what to do with the libdrm manpages. Some stuff we really
> want to also document there. But geez nroff. Maybe we need to stuff
> libdrm into the kernel, dunno.

How would people feel about converting libdrm man pages to rst, and
using rst2man in the build? We did that for igt man pages [1]. Looking
at the diff, I think it's plain to see how that could lower the bar for
contributing. And perhaps it would be easier to refactor and move
documentation around too.

I forget, I probably used pandoc or something to do the bulk of the igt
conversion, and added some manual polish on top. I'm not volunteering
for the libdrm man page conversion though. ;)

BR,
Jani.

[1] https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/igt-gpu-tools/commit/cc7387f17ce5750fc640355d94ed60b6936c2d7b

--
Jani Nikula, Intel Open Source Graphics Center