udl hotunplug broken

Noralf Trønnes noralf at tronnes.org
Fri Mar 15 14:18:11 UTC 2019

Den 15.03.2019 05.19, skrev Dave Airlie:
> Hey,
>
> Not sure how long this has been broken, considering plugging it in was
> broken, unplugging is much worse. Is there anything outside my tree
> that might be fixing this?
>
> Currently it appears if I unplug udl while userspace has the device
> open, it's bad, I get the userspace fb leaked thing which isn't
> surprising, but I do get a lot of backtracing and warns which differ
> depending on which way the race happens between X and unload.
>
> I'm going to see if I can find a fix, but I'm guessing it's a lot of
> digging to figure this out.

I've made changes to the udl unload path:

drm: Fix drm_release() and device unplug
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/drm/drm-misc/commit/?id=1ee57d4d75fbc74bb2ae601c8f334219165ef276

drm/drv: drm_dev_unplug(): Move out drm_dev_put() call
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/drm/drm-misc/commit/?id=ba3bf37e150a99b51b13f5cebf89715685d21212

I don't know if these could be the cause of your problem.

Noralf.