[Intel-gfx] [v11 00/12] Add HDR Metadata Parsing and handling in DRM layer

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Thu May 23 08:41:40 UTC 2019

On Thu, May 23, 2019 at 11:09:41AM +0300, Jani Nikula wrote:
> On Wed, 22 May 2019, Ville Syrjälä <ville.syrjala at linux.intel.com> wrote:
> > Pushed the core/etc. bits to drm-misc-next so that other drivers
> > can base their work on that. We'll need a backmerge to get the
> > i915 stuff in via dinq.
>
> To avoid any confusion, drm-misc-next needs to get merged to drm-next,
> which then needs to be backmerged to drm-intel-next-queued. We don't do
> merges from drm-misc-next to drm-intel-next-queued directly.

Yeah, I mentioned this also on some internal thread for clarification,
just to make it clear that backmerges aren't instant.

There's apparently also confusing about drm-tip, seems like people didn't
know that drm-tip != drm-intel.git and that stuff fromm drm-misc
immediately shows up in drm-tip ...
-Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter