linux-next: manual merge of the drm-misc tree with Linus' tree

Stephen Rothwell sfr at canb.auug.org.au
Thu May 23 13:04:09 UTC 2019

Hi Maxime,

On Thu, 23 May 2019 13:53:55 +0200 Maxime Ripard <maxime.ripard at bootlin.com> wrote:

> On Tue, May 21, 2019 at 10:51:51AM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> >
> > Today's linux-next merge of the drm-misc tree got a conflict in:
> >
> >   Documentation/devicetree/bindings/vendor-prefixes.txt
> >
> > between commit:
> >
> >   8122de54602e ("dt-bindings: Convert vendor prefixes to json-schema")
> >
> > from Linus' tree and commits:
> >
> >   b4a2c0055a4f ("dt-bindings: Add vendor prefix for VXT Ltd")
> >   b1b0d36bdb15 ("dt-bindings: drm/panel: simple: Add binding for TFC S9700RTWV43TR-01B")
> >   fbd8b69ab616 ("dt-bindings: Add vendor prefix for Evervision Electronics")
> >
> > from the drm-misc tree.
>
> I just took your patch and pushed a temp branch there:
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mripard/linux.git/commit/?h=drm-misc-next&id=3832f2cad5307ebcedeead13fbd8d3cf06ba5e90
>
> Rob, Stephen, are you ok with the change? If so, I'll push it.

All that needs to be done is for my patch (slightly corrected) needs to
be applied to the drm-misc tree.  That tree already has the back merge
of Linus' tree and the txt file has been removed (my patch should have
been applied as part of the merge resolution but doing it later is fine).

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell