[RFC v2 00/11] DVFS in the OPP core

Rajendra Nayak rnayak at codeaurora.org
Fri May 24 06:03:52 UTC 2019

On 5/21/2019 11:52 AM, Viresh Kumar wrote:
> On 20-03-19, 15:19, Rajendra Nayak wrote:
>> This is a v2 of the RFC posted earlier by Stephen Boyd [1]
>>
>> As part of v2 I still follow the same approach of dev_pm_opp_set_rate()
>> API using clk framework to round the frequency passed and making it
>> accept 0 as a valid frequency indicating the frequency isn't required
>> anymore. It just has a few more drivers converted to use this approach
>> like dsi/dpu and ufs.
>> ufs demonstrates the case of having to handle multiple power domains, one
>> of which is scalable.
>>
>> The patches are based on 5.1-rc1 and depend on some ufs fixes I posted
>> earlier [2] and a DT patch to include the rpmpd header [3]
>>
>> [1] https://lkml.org/lkml/2019/1/28/2086
>> [2] https://lkml.org/lkml/2019/3/8/70
>> [3] https://lkml.org/lkml/2019/3/20/120
>
> Hi Rajendra,
>
> I am inclined to apply/push this series for 5.3-rc1, will it be
> possible for you to spend some time on this at priority ?

Hey Viresh, I was on vacation, just got back. I will refresh this series
and address your previous feedback, I haven't received much feedback for the
driver changes :/ but we can atleast review and get the OPP layer changes
finalized. thanks.

--
QUALCOMM INDIA, on behalf of Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member
of Code Aurora Forum, hosted by The Linux Foundation