dpms mode change with wayland on iMX.6

Pintu Agarwal pintu.ping at gmail.com
Mon May 27 07:11:43 UTC 2019

Dear All,

I have a iMX.6 (arm 32) board with Linux Kernel 3.10 and debian
platform running.
The board is connected to one LCD screen and one HDMI monitor.
It have DRM + Wayland setup for display.
Also, I noticed that it have two dri interface:
/dev/dri/card0
/dev/dri/card1

I am not very familiar with Linux Graphics/Display subsystem, so I am
looking for some help here.

My requirement is that I have turn off HDMI display screen using a
command line utility or test program.
I learn that for X-server we can use xset : xset dpms force off (and
it works on my ubuntu desktop with 16.04).

However this command does not exists on my board.
So, my question is:
Is there any equivalent DPMS commands for Wayland/Wetson?

---------
Further, in order to explore more, I cloned libdrm code from here:
url = https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/drm

Then I found some test utility under: drm/tests folder.
After exploring more, and few modification, somehow I could able to
cross-compile "proptest" for my board using below:
arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc -o proptest.out proptest.c
-I./target/libdrm_include/ -L./target/libdrm_lib/ -ldrm

I found that "/dev/dri/card0" is not working with this test.
So, I changed the test utility like this:
fd = drmOpen("imx-drm", NULL);
OR
fd = open("/dev/dri/card1", O_RDWR);

When I default run it on my board, I see that "Connector_id: 29" is
showing for the HDMI display and it can support DPMS property.
{{{
Connector 29 (11-1)
        1 EDID:
                flags: immutable blob
                blobs:

                value:
                     XXXXXXX
        2 DPMS:
                flags: enum
                enums: On=0 Standby=1 Suspend=2 Off=3
                value: 0
CRTC 24
CRTC 27
}}}

Then, when I try to run it using below command:
# ./proptest.out 29 connector 2 3

The program just returns successfully without any errors, but nothing
happens. The display does not turns off.
I saw that in my kernel 3.10 the ioctl(DRM_IOCTL_MODE_SETPROPERTY) is
already supported under DRM.

So, I am wondering what is the right way to verify DPMS mode property
on wayland ?

If anybody have any suggestions, please help me.

Thanks,
Pintu