Outreachy applicant presentation

Frank A. Cancio Bello frank at generalsoftwareinc.com
Tue Nov 5 15:23:57 UTC 2019

Hi,

My name is Frank A. Cancio Bello. I'm an applicant of the Outreachy
program and the goal of this email is to introduce myself because
I'm interested in the project: Linux Kernel - VKMS. Besides I want to
let you know about my plans and get feedback from you.

###############################
#########  About me  ##########
###############################
I got introduced to software development 25 years ago when I was
about 12 years old. Since then I have been developing software in C,
C++, Pascal, C#, Python, and JavaScript. In 2006 I finished my major
in Software Engineer in Havana, Cuba. I worked professionally as a
sysadmin. I managed a computer network of over 3k for more
than 6 years. I led a team of developers that created several custom
network management tools.

I have this dream to become a serious Linux Kernel committer.
I'm tired of too many client meetings, I miss the technical part
that is what I really enjoy. I already arrange everything on my side
to be able to dedicate most of my day and night to this purpose.
Outreachy and your mentorship will definitely speed up that process.

###############################
##########  Status  ###########
###############################
Following the Project Contribution section of
https://www.outreachy.org/december-2019-to-march-2020-internship-round/communities/linux-kernel/#vkms
I already did:

* Start by learn how to send a patch to the Linux Kernel (it could be
  checkpatch)

* Read about DRI in the wikipedia

and I'm working on:

* Read the DRI devel documentation

Any feedback or small task to guide my time investment will be higly
appreciate.

thanks
frank a.