drm core/helpers and MIT license

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Fri Nov 15 09:06:29 UTC 2019

On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 08:01:32PM +0000, coypu at sdf.org wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> I don't think we can make any complaints about GPL being more widely
> used in the DRM code. It's nice to have the code at all, the MIT license
> is a bonus. Thanks for writing it and bearing with us.
>
> Would rewrites done purely for licensing reasons be accepted upstream?

Figuring that out is why I started this thread. Thus far the consensus
seems to be a deafening *shrug*, so no idea.

Personally I'm happy to take any patches with a clear net benefit in terms
of contributions/hw support/maintenability for linux gpu support.
Everything else probably needs a much wider support in the community.
-Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation