drm core/helpers and MIT license

Noralf Trønnes noralf at tronnes.org
Sat Nov 16 13:37:21 UTC 2019

Den 16.11.2019 12.57, skrev Emmanuel Vadot:
> On Fri, 15 Nov 2019 15:33:46 +0100
> Noralf Trønnes <noralf at tronnes.org> wrote:

>>> Rewrite should be the last resort. I think a lot of the GPL only stuff
>>> is quite recent so there's a good chance the author(s) are still around
>>> to discuss relicensing.
>>>

>> If someone sends patches to MIT license the work I've done, I'll be
>> happy to ack it. It's only recently that I've been aware of the fact
>> that MIT licensed was a thing in the kernel. I was under the impression
>> that all new code should be GPL and MIT were for code imported from
>> elsewhere. I would love to see my work being used on the BSD's.
>
>  And I would love to be able to use your work on FreeBSD :)
>  I don't really know the rules but shouldn't you send a patch to
> relicence ?

I don't know the rules either, but I don't think I have to be the author
of the relicensing patch, I just have to put my stamp on it.
Myself I haven't got the time to do the work, it's not just putting out
a patch, everyone having made changes to the affected files would also
have to be ok with the new license.

Noralf.