[RFCv1 32/42] drm/omap: dsi: convert to drm_panel

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Tue Nov 19 09:42:55 UTC 2019

Hi Sebastian,

> Am 18.11.2019 um 15:51 schrieb H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com>:
>
>> Ok, I tried not to break video mode support, but I do not have any
>> hardware. Make sure to set the MIPI_DSI_MODE_VIDEO flag in the panel
>> driver.
>
> Indeed, this may be missing (can't look into the code at the moment)...
> Or I did something wrong when refactoring the driver.
> We will find out.

Yes, MIPI_DSI_MODE_VIDEO was indeed missing/wrongly applied and some
more bugs. But I still wasn't able to make it work.

I also tried to fake the panel-orisetech-otm8009a.c DSI driver into
my setup. It should not properly program the panel by DCS command
but it should try to.

Result is the same: I can see it being probed and calling get_modes
but then:

[drm] Cannot find any crtc or sizes

And I don't see calls to .enable or .prepare where DCS commands would
be sent.

BR and thanks,
Nikolaus