liboutput: thoughts about shared library on top of DRM/KMS

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Mon Oct 7 18:16:32 UTC 2019

Daniel Stone <daniel at fooishbar.org> writes:

> I think there would be a load of value in starting with simple helpers
> which can be used independently of any larger scheme, tackling that
> list above.

Yeah, a helper library that didn't enforce at tonne of policy and just
let the user glue things together on their own is probably going to be
more generally usable by existing and new systems.

I definitely like the idea of stealing the best parts of all existing
systems and trying to make them work together.

How many libraries we end up with isn't nearly as important to me as
making sure they work well together; common data types, similar style,
etc.

--
-keith