[PATCH V7 0/6] backlight: qcom-wled: Support for QCOM wled driver
kgunda at codeaurora.org
Wed Oct 16 10:13:40 UTC 2019
This patch series renames the pm8941-wled.c driver to qcom-wled.c to add
the support for multiple PMICs supported by qualcomm. This patch series
supports both PM8941 and PMI8998 WLED. The PMI8998 WLED has the support
to handle the OVP (over voltage protection) and the SC (short circuit
interrupts. It also has the auto string detection algorithm support to
configure the right strings if the user specified string configuration
is in-correct. These three features are added in this series for PMI8998.
changes from v1:
- Fixed the commit message for
- backlight: qcom-wled: Rename pm8941-wled.c to qcom-wled.c
Changes from v2:
- Fixed bjorn and other reviewer's comments
- Seperated the device tree bindings
- Splitted out the WLED4 changes in seperate patch
- Merged OVP and auto string detection patch
Changes from v3:
- Added Reviewed-by/Acked-by tags
- Fixed comments from Bjorn/Vinod/Rob
- Splitting the "backlight: qcom-wled: Add support for WLED4 peripheral" patch
to seperate the WLED3 specific restructure.
Changes from v4:
- Added reviewed-by/Acked-by tags
- Fixed comments from Bjorn/Daniel/Pavel
Changes from v5:
- Fixed comments from Bjorn/Pavel
Changes from v5/v6:
- Fixed comments from Bjorn/Pavel on V5 series, which were missed in V6 series
- Patch 1 and 2, mentioned below, from V6 series are picked by Pavel In next.
Hence, dropped them in this series.
Kiran Gunda (6):
backlight: qcom-wled: Add new properties for PMI8998
backlight: qcom-wled: Rename PM8941* to WLED3.
backlight: qcom-wled: Restructure the driver for WLED3
backlight: qcom-wled: Add support for WLED4 peripheral.
backlight: qcom-wled: add support for short circuit handling.
backlight: qcom-wled: Add auto string detection logic
.../bindings/leds/backlight/qcom-wled.txt | 74 +-
drivers/video/backlight/qcom-wled.c | 1256 +++++++++++++++++---
2 files changed, 1126 insertions(+), 204 deletions(-)
The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of the Code Aurora Forum,
a Linux Foundation Collaborative Project
More information about the dri-devel