New sysfs interface for privacy screens

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Wed Oct 23 08:39:28 UTC 2019

On Tue, Oct 08, 2019 at 09:13:51AM +0300, Jani Nikula wrote:
> On Mon, 07 Oct 2019, Mat King <mathewk at google.com> wrote:
> > That makes sense; just to confirm can a property be added or removed
> > after the connector is registered?
>
> You need to create the property before registering the drm device. You
> can attach/detach the property later, but I should think you know by the
> time you're registering the connector whether it supports the privacy
> screen or not.

I don't think you can add/remove a property after the object you're
adding/removing the prop from has gone public (either with
drm_dev_register or drm_connector_register for hotplugged connectors).

I guess another gap we should cover with some WARN_ON?
-Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation