Proposal to report GPU private memory allocations with sysfs nodes [plain text version]

Kenny Ho y2kenny at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 05:23:39 UTC 2019

Hi Yiwei,

I am not sure if you are aware, there is an ongoing RFC on adding drm
support in cgroup for the purpose of resource tracking.  One of the
resource is GPU memory.  It's not exactly the same as what you are
proposing (it doesn't track API usage, but it tracks the type of GPU
memory from kmd perspective) but perhaps it would be of interest to
you.  There are no consensus on it at this point.

(sorry for being late to the discussion.  I only noticed this thread
when one of the email got lucky and escape the spam folder.)

Regards,
Kenny