Aliases for DRI connectors?

Matt Hoosier matt.hoosier at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 19:38:37 UTC 2020

I'm searching for some sort of scheme that will let my DRI master query the
set of available connectors and select the one carrying a prearranged
designation. The problem I'm trying to solve is to allow deploying one
standardized userspace component across a fleet of devices that have
varying numbers of displays, with the use cases not always driven on the
same connector topologically.

I had a look around the properties available on my system's DRI connectors,
and nothing immediate jumped out at me. Is there a standard connector
property that (assuming I can find the right place in DeviceTree or similar
to) that would be a good fit for this?

-Matt