linux-next: manual merge of the drm-misc tree with the drm-misc-fixes tree

Tomi Valkeinen tomi.valkeinen at ti.com
Tue Apr 21 06:10:25 UTC 2020

Hi,

On 21/04/2020 04:52, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Today's linux-next merge of the drm-misc tree got a conflict in:he drm-misc tree with the drm-misc-fixes tree
>
>    drivers/gpu/drm/tidss/tidss_encoder.c
>
> between commit:
>
>    9da67433f64e ("drm/tidss: fix crash related to accessing freed memory")
>
> from the drm-misc-fixes tree and commit:
>
>    b28ad7deb2f2 ("drm/tidss: Use simple encoder")
>
> from the drm-misc tree.
>
> I fixed it up (I just used the latter version of this file) and can

We need to use "drm/tidss: fix crash related to accessing freed memory" version.

> carry the fix as necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is
> concerned, but any non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your
> upstream maintainer when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may
> also want to consider cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting
> tree to minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

I have fixed this with drm-misc's dim tool, so I presume the conflict goes away when drm-misc-fixes
is merged to drm-fixes, and drm-fixes is then at some point merged to drm-misc-next.

It was a bit bad timing with the "drm/tidss: Use simple encoder", which removes the plumbing I
needed to implement the fix. So I effectively revert the "drm/tidss: Use simple encoder".

  Tomi

--
Texas Instruments Finland Oy, Porkkalankatu 22, 00180 Helsinki.
Y-tunnus/Business ID: 0615521-4. Kotipaikka/Domicile: Helsinki