Question about per process GPU context global priority enforcement

Yiwei Zhang zzyiwei at google.com
Wed Aug 5 19:26:37 UTC 2020

Let me add more context. On Android, systemui and launcher should be
allowed to create high priority gpu contexts while the normal random
applications must be ceiled to default priority. However, systemui and
launcher are not allowed to create realtime threads so we can't grant
them CAP_SYS_NICE. Thus either a new cgroup is needed in this case or
we add sysui/launcher into some other present cgroup for the gfx
kernel driver to distinguish.