DRM/KMS experimental drivers for HiKey 970

Mauro Carvalho Chehab mchehab+huawei at kernel.org
Fri Aug 7 11:29:16 UTC 2020

Em Fri, 7 Aug 2020 10:59:43 +0200
Sam Ravnborg <sam at ravnborg.org> escreveu:

> Hi Mauro.
>

> > I know. What can be done is to send a diff at patch 00/xx with
> > the entire history for each driver folded, in order to easy
> > for reviewers.
> Personnaly this would be preferred as I assume the history is a lot of
> forth and back rather than incremental logical changes.

Actually, it is not that bad. The changes at the code are incremental.
I suspect that the initial patch is actually a folded changeset for
the Linaro's 4.9 Kernel tree. The changes afterwards happened inside
the Linaro tree, more or less following the usual one patch per
logical change approach.

On the top of that, there are the changes I did myself, in order to port
it from 4.9. Having those at the history helps a lot, in the case
I made any mistake on such ports.

> No promises of any useful reviews though...

A review on the folded change should be enough. In case of doubts
about something, the detailed changeset could be useful, specially
to help identifying eventual mistakes I could have done during the
port.

Anyway, my plan is to first get the non-DRM changesets reviewed, as
I may need to modify some things depending on the feedback from
the other subsystems.

Thanks,
Mauro