RFC: How to adjust the trace pid?

Daniel Vetter daniel.vetter at ffwll.ch
Wed Aug 12 13:49:23 UTC 2020

On Wed, Aug 12, 2020 at 3:42 PM Christian König
<ckoenig.leichtzumerken at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ping? Daniel, Dave any opinion on this?

Type patch, cc: tracing people, see what they say? tbh I have no idea,
but they have been making unhappy noises about some of the tricks
we've played in the past in i915 tracepoints. So not everything is
cool in there.

Otherwise I guess just add another tracepoint parameter to dump the
correct userspace mm.

3rd option could be to dump the current mm (since I'm assuming those
threads do kthread_use/unuse_mm to impersonate the right userspace
process correctly) in the tracepoint infrastructure too?

Cheers, Daniel

--
Daniel Vetter
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation