[git pull] drm for 5.8-rc1

Alyssa Rosenzweig alyssa.rosenzweig at collabora.com
Wed Aug 12 17:40:05 UTC 2020

> ...and in merging my code with Alyssa's new panfrost format modifier
> support, I see panfrost does the opposite of this and treats a format
> modifier list of only INVALID as "don't care".  I modeled the new nouveau
> behavior on the Iris driver.  Now I'm not sure which is correct :-(

....and neither am I. Uh-oh.

I modeled the panfrost code after v3d_resource_create_with_modifiers,
which treats INVALID as "don't care". I can confirm the panfrost code
works (in the sense that it's functional on the machines I've tested),
but I don't know if it is actually correct. I think it is, since
otherwise you end up using linear in places it's unnecessary, but I'm
not sure where this is spec'd.