[git pull] drm for 5.8-rc1

Karol Herbst kherbst at redhat.com
Fri Aug 14 15:43:01 UTC 2020

On Fri, Aug 14, 2020 at 5:24 PM Thierry Reding <thierry.reding at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 14, 2020 at 04:45:39PM +0200, Karol Herbst wrote:

> > > Interesting, one of my typical test cases is to run Weston with a couple
> > > of test programs (like weston-simple-egl). Those usually work. I'll go
> > > run a few more tests to see where we are.
> > >
> > > To clarify, is this gnome-shell/wayland issue happening with Mesa's
> > > mainline, or with James' patches already applied?
> > >

> > mainline. It does work for me on weston, but that's because weston is
> > always modifier aware afaik. For gnome-shell/wayland we have to enable
> > it to make it work.
>
> For some reason I can't get my mouse to work in Weston and it seems like
> that's the only way to start a terminal... But sounds like that wouldn't
> be any good anyway since it's different from that use-case. Apart from
> building gnome-shell, which I recall has a large number of dependencies,
> are you aware of another use-case that would allow testing the code
> paths with no modifiers?

with the newest l4t releases you can just copy whatever distribution
provides filesystem tarballs and generate images yourself. But yeah..
this is still a bit messy to do and I don't have a script which just
works without having to go through other steps first :/ Don't know
what your system is based on, but the fedora 32 images should more or
less work (unless you need your own kernel and stuff)