Using Etnaviv with mxsfb-drm

Lucas Stach l.stach at pengutronix.de
Mon Dec 14 13:06:41 UTC 2020

Hi Frieder,

Am Montag, den 14.12.2020, 13:33 +0100 schrieb Frieder Schrempf:
> Hi Lucas, hi Marek,
>
> while doing some tests on i.MX8MM with Etnaviv and mxsfb-drm (using the
> patches for DSIM, GPC, BLK-CTL, etc., see branch at [1]), I noticed that
> I don't seem to be able to run glmark2:
>
> ~# glmark2-es2-drm
>      glmark2 2017.07
>      OpenGL Information
>      GL_VENDOR:     etnaviv
>      GL_RENDERER:   Vivante GC600 rev 4653
>      GL_VERSION:    OpenGL ES 2.0 Mesa 20.2.4
> [build] use-vbo=false:Error: Failed to create FB: -22
> Segmentation fault
>
> Running a Qt application with the eglfs_kms backend produces a similar
> error, while running kmscube or applications without GPU rendering works
> fine.
>
> What am I missing? When I used imx-drm, I didn't have any such issues.
> How is mxsfb-drm different?

This could have multiple rot causes. First, please make sure that you
have sufficient CMA memory. Also the eLCDIF hardware has some
unfortunate restrictions on buffer stride, which surfaced a bug in the
etnaviv buffer layout code also on some very common display
resolutions. Please make sure you have [1] applied to get rid of this
bug.

Regards,
Lucas

[1] https://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/commit/?id=3862cec314de4a82821d9694ae2eec6f629ec782