[git pull] drm for 5.11-rc1

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Mon Dec 14 22:21:20 UTC 2020

On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 7:52 PM Dave Airlie <airlied at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is an early pull request for drm for 5.11 merge window. I'm going
> to be out for most of the first week of the merge window so thought
> I'd just preempt things and send this early.

Ok, I've merged this, and Dave is likely gone already, but it _looks_
like there's a problem with the drm tree on my Radeon workstation.

It works fine on my i915 laptop.

The symptoms are that the boot just hangs after

   fb0: switching to amdgpudrmfb from EFI VGA

when on a working kernel the next lines are

  amdgpu 0000:49:00.0: vgaarb: deactivate vga console
  [drm] initializing kernel modesetting (POLARIS10 0x1002:0x67DF
0x1DA2:0xE353 0xE7).
  amdgpu 0000:49:00.0: amdgpu: Trusted Memory Zone (TMZ) feature not supported
  [drm] register mmio base: 0xE1C00000
  [drm] register mmio size: 262144

I'm bisecting for more details, but it might take a while, and I
thought I'd start the ball rolling with this initial report in case
somebody goes "Aahh.., we know about that case already, the fix is
XYZ"...

              Linus