KASAN: use-after-free Read in vgem_gem_dumb_create

Dan Carpenter dan.carpenter at oracle.com
Sat Feb 1 05:56:12 UTC 2020

I don't totally understand the stack trace but I do see a double free
bug.

drivers/gpu/drm/vgem/vgem_drv.c
   186  static struct drm_gem_object *vgem_gem_create(struct drm_device *dev,
   187                                                struct drm_file *file,
   188                                                unsigned int *handle,
   189                                                unsigned long size)
   190  {
   191          struct drm_vgem_gem_object *obj;
   192          int ret;
   193
   194          obj = __vgem_gem_create(dev, size);

obj->base.handle_count is zero.

   195          if (IS_ERR(obj))
   196                  return ERR_CAST(obj);
   197
   198          ret = drm_gem_handle_create(file, &obj->base, handle);

We bump it +1 and then the error handling calls
drm_gem_object_handle_put_unlocked(obj);
which calls drm_gem_object_put_unlocked(); which frees obj.

   199          drm_gem_object_put_unlocked(&obj->base);

So this is a double free.  Could someone check my thinking and send
a patch?  It's just a one liner.  Otherwise I can send it on Monday.

   200          if (ret)
   201                  return ERR_PTR(ret);
   202
   203          return &obj->base;
   204  }

regards,