5.6 DP-MST regression: 1 of 2 monitors on TB3 (DP-MST) dock no longer light up

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Thu Feb 27 18:45:37 UTC 2020

Hi,

On 2/27/20 7:41 PM, Lyude Paul wrote:
> hi - I almost certainly know the solution to this, the patches that we got
> from amd to do bandwidth checking in the DP MST helpers don't actually work
> correctly in a lot of cases and I need to fix them. I've just been busy on PTO
> and only just got back today, and have been busy with fixing a lot of RHEL
> stuff at the same time. I'll take a closer look at this soonb

Great, I'm a bit worried about the timing for getting this fixed though. We are
not that far into the cycle yet, but still I have the feeling it might be better
to just revert the commit triggering the probably pre-existing problems here
and then queue up the necessary fixes + a new version of that commit when
we have everything in place ?

This way you can take your time to fix this properly instead of having to
do a rush job to fix the regression before 5.6 ships. I think rushing things
never is a good idea. So my vote on this goes to just reverting the commit
triggering this for now and taking our time to get this right.

Regards,

Hans