[git pull] drm for 5.8-rc1

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 23:03:53 UTC 2020

On Wed, 3 Jun 2020 at 08:14, Linus Torvalds

> On Mon, Jun 1, 2020 at 11:06 PM Dave Airlie <airlied at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I've pushed a merged by me tree here, which I think gets them all
> > correct, but please let me know if you think different.
> > https://cgit.freedesktop.org/~airlied/linux/log/?h=drm-5.8-merged
>
> Ok, I get the same result, except my resolution to the simple encoder
> issue was slightly different. I removed the simple helper header
> include too as part of basically undoing the whole simple encoder
> conversion.

Yes sounds like my experience.

I spent time on the tides and it was a revert pretty much of the
commit in next, I just missed the header include line.

I also realised I'd likely mismerged earlier when fixing this up, I'm
going to have to put more time into merge fixing up, I'm still not
always happy with my methods of figuring out what the correct answer
is.

> But other than that we're identical, which is a good sign. Apparently
> the drm mis-merge in the middle got fixed up.

Cool, thanks for redoing it, since this was definitely one of the more
conflicty ones I've had in a while.

Dave.