drivers, video: logo: Query regarding logo selection at run-time

Moses Christopher moseschristopherb at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 13:15:23 UTC 2020

Hi,

I'd like to know one if my approach towards the following problem statement
is correct or wrong,

*Developer should be able to select a logo on runtime using kernel command
line argument or something similar.*

As far as I see from the drivers/video/logo section, we need to implement
some mechanism to compile two ppm files into the kernel binary and provide
a mechanism to select the addresses based on kernel command line argument,
to switch the logo.

Is this approach valid ?

*Background information:*
I would like to generate one kernel binary and use it in two different
variants of same hardware. And to differentiate the variants, I would like
to use two different boot logos.

Kindly provide any suggestions or feedback.
Thanks for your time and patience.

Best Regards,
Moses Christopher B