[RFC 0/8] MIPS: CI20: add HDMI out support

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Tue Mar 3 15:19:59 UTC 2020

Hi Rob,

> Am 03.03.2020 um 15:58 schrieb Rob Herring <robh at kernel.org>:
>
> On Thu, Feb 27, 2020 at 01:56:56PM +0100, H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
>> Hi Sam,
>>

>> Or that there will appear good tools soon. E.g. some GUI
>> based editor tool would be very helpful so that you don't have
>> to fight with the yaml indentation rules. Like there are XML
>> and DTD editors. And even HTML is rarely written manually any more.
>>
>> IMHO such tools should have been developed and in place *before*
>> the rule to provide DT schemata is enforced.
>
> You mean tools like what is discussed here:
>
> https://www.redhat.com/sysadmin/yaml-tips
>
> There's also yaml-format in the dtschema repo which will reformat a file
> to the desired formatting. It is just a wrapper around ruamel yaml
> library.

What I dream of is a higher level higher abstraction than a YAML
editor because the problems I face are not only YAML syntax but that
I don't know what should be where in a scheme file and why.

So I'd like to have a Schema editor. I.e. some editor where I
can edit a list of properties and can e.g. checkmark "required".
And simply type a description into some text field.

And the editor knows where to place the keywords -item -enum
-oneOf -description etc. when doing a Save operation.

Basically what I dream of is more like MarkDown where you write text,
titles paragraphs etc. and that gets magically translated into
valid HTML. Or even better analogy: OpenOffice where you just
write and format your text and one does not have to edit PostScript
printer commands.

But it is likely to stay a dream.

BR and thanks,
Nikolaus