How to wait for DRM_MODE_CONNECTED status?

Vikas Patil vikasmpatil at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 08:41:22 UTC 2020

Dear All,

What is the most effective/optimal/recommended way to wait for
DRM_MODE_CONNECTED status?

This is to make sure when disply manager (uses drm apis) starts and if it
do not get the DRM_MODE_CONNECTED status as some dependent driver is still
best way to wait for it?

Should I poll the state repeatedly in a loop? Will this value be
automatically get updated?
Should I close() the DRM device and re-open() it again?
Is there any interrupt/callback we can register for to receive updated for
this connector state?

Thank  you.

Best Regards,
Vikash