[RFC] Remove AGP support from Radeon/Nouveau/TTM

Bertrand Dekoninck bertrand.dekoninck at gmail.com
Wed May 13 20:19:53 UTC 2020

Mine is not so old : debian jessie, with kms  and agp mode enabled. 3D
works reliably and is very stable on this powerbook G4 1,67 and radeon
9700. It's not bug free, mostly endianess problems with colors. Not all
programm using 3D work,  but  kodi does very well.
Overall, the whole interface (mate) is much more fluid than without 3D
acceleration. Without it i slow.

I didn't install latest unstable yet because this system is very stable and
enjoyable.  I did it on a powermac G5 and could'nt enable agp mode because
of a bug in the driver (already reported here). Without AGP mode, mate is
painfully slow.